It’s that time again where I share all the things I’ve been loving for the past month.
1. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in 103 True Ivory, this has been my favourite go to foundation for months now, I can’t help but to go back to it. I’ve tried other products in between (the old cushion foundation still creeps me out) but I can’t help but continuing going back to it. The consistency is so nice and even and easy to apply, it lasts all day, which is something I struggle with. It doesn’t oxidize, something I struggle with even more and it’s a perfect colour match for me.
2. CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer in Light Pale, this is such an under rated product! I never hear anything about it, the foundation yes (which I don’t find all that fantastic) but the concealer diddly squat. This doesn’t crease under my eyes (which is a major concealer problem for me) and it is also light enough that it adds that brightening that we all want. I have pasty skin and normally I can’t find shades light enough to lighten my pale skin. This is a massive winner in my books, I haven’t reached for another concealer in such a long time.
3.Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder, I think every man and their dog has tried this one and I can understand why, I think the fact that it’s not a white translucent powder definitely helps prevent the white cast. It’s incredibly light weight and helps set my foundation and concealer perfectly.
4. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara – I received this one of those sampler packs you can get from Mecca when I was placing an order and I could either pay for shipping and get nothing or pay for this and get a few products, I chose to get the few products with free shipping. This had been hidden away in my “to get to later” pile as I had a bunch of mascara’s opened and didn’t want to dry this one up unnecessarily. I’m actually a little disappointed I hadn’t opened it prior to now.
5. OPI Nail Polish in the shade Suzi Takes the Wheel, I picked this up cheaply from Brands Now, it is a grey which I have been loving lately, but it has this awesome khaki tinge to it making it quite unique. I have tried to capture the true colour in the photo below.
6. Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in 05 Nude Flush – Finally a liquid lipstick I absolutely love, this feels amazing on the lips, it’s not ridiculously hard to apply (I’m a mass struggler), it doesn’t dry my lips out and the colour is so wearable. Seriously guys, go get her hands on this bad boy.
7. Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in East End Snob, I’m sure I’ve mentioned this one before, but also the perfect colour and it goes so well with the Vivid Matte Liquid as mentioned above, I use it to line the lips and it’s a perfect match. The two combined I never want to take off.
8. The good old Beauty Blender, I struggled so hard with purchasing this one, for so long I had put it off thinking it was so pricey for what it is, it is after all just a little sponge, but finding myself consistently re-purchasing cheaper ones because they would be ruined so quickly I decided to cave, and I’m glad I did. This product is worth the hype, I’ve had mine a while now and it sill perfectly applies my foundation and it’s not all manky. It doesn’t drink my foundation like so many of the others and leaves the application perfect. If you are struggling to decide if it’s worth the money, I highly recommend you take the plunge and splurge on it.
9. Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Tough as Taupe, the perfect base for my shadows, I use this as a primer, these days, while it is a little dry, I still find it quite easy to apply and the colour is a perfect base for my go to look of the moment. The Colour Tattoos in general have always been a favourite of mine.
10. To go on top of Tough as Taupe I have been loving my Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette, this has some of the more perfect cooler toned shades I have been enjoying lately, it’s been my go to palette.
11. Models Prefer Soft Touch Mineral Powder in Photo Ready – The perfect everyday highlighter I have nothing else to say other then you need to get this. You will thank me later.
12. Makeup Revolution Matte Blushes, I have a few of these and they are all amazing they are so long lasting and massively pigmented, so just make sure you go a little easy when applying. The price point of these are fantastic, I’m going to have to show you my Makeup Revolution goodies because they are seriously good and seriously cheap, even once shipped to Australia.
13. And finally there is my Yale Hoodie! Only the greatest most comfy hoodie there ever was. At the low price of $15 from Kmart, I suspect everyone will be rocking them shortly.
What have you been loving lately?